Commission Members have provided education and training seminars on the protection of minors worldwide:
Our Members from Africa are Sisters Hermenegild Makoro and Kayula Lesa. They have collaborated with other Commission members to provide education and training in:
- Zambia – January 2017, Workshop for diocesan child protection personnel, secretariat and others, Lusaka.
- South Africa – May 2016, one day presentation in the Orientation Programme for the New Missionaries of the SACBC (The Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference) Region reached 13 different countries.
- South Africa (SACBC) – April 2016, input on the Protection of Minors to a group of priests and religious from 4 countries on three months Sabbatical Programme organized by the Ongoing Formation Committee of the Conference.
- Ghana (SECAM) – March 2016, meeting with the Secretaries General of the Symposium of Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar (SECAM)
- Kenya (AMECEA) – March 2016, meeting with child protection practitioners drawn from the Association of Member Episcopal Conferences in Eastern Africa (AMECEA) in Tanzania
- Zambia – January 2016, training on Child Protection to teachers and parents from four Catholic Schools.